Congress has passed a ban on incandescent light bulbs to take effect in 2014. Yes, that's right, your cheap 50-cent light bulbs will be against the law and you will be forced to use the 3-dollar energy efficient lights.

Before anyone jumps down my throat of being mean to mother earth, let me just say this... I pull my weight when it comes to trying to reduce, reuse and recycle so chill.

But to have Congress ban the lightbulb and force Americans to use a certain product in their home which the private citizen themselves pays for seem ridiculous! Or is it just me?

Can you say INTRUSIVE?

I've read that Congress is taking active consideration into banning top loading washing machines and disposable diapers.

Wow, when is it going to stop? Are we going to get fined for leaving our blinds open in the summer, you know that causes the A/C to work harder thus using more energy? Are we going to ban gasoline running yard equipment like lawn mowers and weed whackers?

I'm all for being enviromentally friendly and I think there shoudl be steps to reduce the use of these items, but to outright ban items that we (private citizens) pay for with our own money is just ridiculous. Let us make our own decisions.

Congress, thank you for dropping by, no kindly get out of my house.

1 comments :

Jody said...

I concur wholeheartedly! I mean there is a place for halogens and from the brand spanking new ones I bought it ain't in a hallway where you want to see. They are good for somewhere that the light stays on for a while and you don't need immediate bright light(because they have to warm up the gases inside). But in hallways, closests, bathroom, etc. areas where you need immediate light sometimes, they just don't cut the mustard.

Post a Comment