I had one of those life learning things happen today.
I stayed after work to attend the monthly County Council meeting, where they you know, make ordinances and stuff. I was particularly interested in this meeting because it was the 3rd and final reading of the budget which could mean a 2% cost of living raise and possibly another increase in pay depending on the results of the "Compensation and Classification Study" that went on last year. I'll have to read more about it to figure out what's going to happen.

But what happened was something much more than just that. While sitting there listening to them pass ordinances and discuss motions made it made me realize, this is my County, my government in action. Everyone in the whole damn County should be sitting in on these but yet the room was not even half full. So, I urge you, if you have any concern about your local government or how your city is being ran, sit in on one of your County or City Counsel meetings.