I'm a little ashamed. There's a lot that I've been neglecting, only because I've picked up so many new hobbies, and I don't mean getting tetanus shots, although I did do that just yesterday.

Shooting my gun has become a huge thing for me. Seriously, it is the best stress reliever I've found in quite a while. Besides the fact that mentally I can picture anyone I want down at that target and mentally murder for hours on end, it really does require so much concentration that it allows my mind to slow down. Which, for me is a huge thing. My mind is is overdrive all the time hence my usual garbled blog posts and random tweets about 20 different subjects at once.

I've neglected my kayaking. My boat didn't touch water once this summer and in fact the official start of Autumn is only a month away. I've neglected my photos, which I've always neglected, so strike that off the list. I've neglected my real writing, like on Work it, Mom! and Associated Content, which is a big downer for me because I don't always like to write random musings. I've neglected hiking, although frankly I'm waiting for fall to do more of that, so that's not neglectful, it's just postponed.

Most of all I've neglected myself. I have worked out only once this week and that was the first time in months (yes, plural).

I'm going to chalk all of this neglect up to one thing. College.

See kids. College should be done in 4 years when your young and can drink heavily and still manage to make 9am classes, not when you are in your 30's and have a child. So, this is my public service announcement to stay in school.

2 comments :

jordikell76 said...

just want to say i think its really cool that you shoot a gun. I use to shoot handguns competitively (won some competitions and everything) and lately have been thinking about starting up again. I really enjoyed it. Its awesome to know that I am not the only babe out there that knows how to handle a gun. ;)

jordikell76 said...

just want to say i think its really cool that you shoot a gun. I use to shoot handguns competitively (won some competitions and everything) and lately have been thinking about starting up again. I really enjoyed it. Its awesome to know that I am not the only babe out there that knows how to handle a gun. ;)

Post a Comment