Image via CrunchBase
As Twitter becomes more mainstream, I’ve seen people ask the question, “Why would Twitter be useful for me as an individual?”
Here’s my Top-10 Twitter Is Great Because…. answer:
- I’ve been introduced to great wines
- I’ve gotten suggestions for some great cigars
- I’ve been given recipes that are scrum-o-licious
- I’ve gotten the opportunity to do more product reviews
- I found great reviews & advice for buying new gadgets
- It’s re-enforced my addiction to reality television (not sure if that’s good or not)
- I’ve had great political discussions
- I’ve met local, great entrepreneurs and business people
- I’ve been able to network with other mothers
- Most of all, I’ve made some great new acquaintances and friends from around the world that I would have never had the opportunity to meet otherwise.
I don’t use twitter for business purposes. I use it for personal enjoyment and I must say that it’s been the best social network I’ve ever joined!