My office window looks out to the back yard of a rectory, literally into the back of it and partially into their wall of windows that makes up the whole backside of the house. If you're like me, you didn't really know what a rectory was, so when my co-workers told me that the first place I hit was Google. So here's what it is for those of you who don't know.


Rectorythe residence, or former residence, of a rector, most often a Christian cleric, but in some cases an academic rector or other person with that title. Many former rectories may still be referred to locally as a rectory once a church or religious organisation has vacated the property.


It's kind of cool to get the backyard view of a rectory because those clergy do some pretty cool stuff.
One day, they had someone come and replace a portion of their roof. Not exciting but it was a nice change of pace to watch.
Another day the maid (I'm assuming since she didn't wear a little collar thingy), was watering the plants outside, which wasn't overly interesting but it was kind of weird to think they have a maid.
Today one of the clergy (he was wearing a ltitel collar thingy) was cooking something outside in an electric wok. And let me tell you, it smelled awesome.


I had to resist the urge to yell out the window, "Hey Father, can a Mormon chick get in on some of that or is it for the Catholics only??" But I restrained.


Yup, those clergy are kind of interesting, let me tell ya. I don't know what they do in the rectory. But I do know two things.
First, whatever homeboy was cooking, it smelled delicious, so I'm going to generalize and say clergy must be great cooks.
Second, they do a kickbutt job on christmas decorating. The entire back all of this rectory is a tinted glass and I can see the lights from two christmas trees. Nice job!


So.. there you have it... the beginning of tales from the backside of a rectory...






.o0(follow me on twitter: @tattooedmommie)0o.