The earthquake and tsunami that has caused a chain of tragic events in Japan hits me just as hard as the tragedy of 9/11 did. I consider Camp Zama Japan my "hometown", seeing as I spent the majority of my childhood there. To see the destruction that's occurred just saddens me to the core.

I have friends there who have luckily informed me that they and their families are safe although I have friends that are still waiting to hear from family and loved ones. I encourage anyone who is looking for friends or loved ones to utilize the American Red Cross's Safe and Well site.

I hope the outpouring of support and love that the United States gave to Haiti is as equally shown to Japan. Their country is a beautiful country and their people are equally beautiful, I hope their recovery can begin soon.

With all the uncertainty still hanging this is a prime time to begin giving to help them in their recovery. To help the basic needs of the people. I am choosing to give to the American Red Cross who is reaching out to assist the Japanese Red Cross.

Please visit www.redcross.org or text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation to help those affected by the earthquake in Japan and tsunami throughout the Pacific.




.o0(follow me on twitter: @tattooedmommie)0o.