`I recently bought my son the classic nite-nite story Goodnight Moon. I felt that I was obligated to after it randomly appeared on my Barnes & Noble search and the reviews indicated that apparently I was the only mother in the entire world, or even universe for that matter, who has never read this book to my child.

I had to buy it. So I did.

And I'll be the first to admit that I don't really pay attention to some of the books that I read to my son as nite-nite books because most fall into 1 of 3 categories.

  1. Boring 1 line per page books that barely hold my interest
  2. Dr Suess books that require me to concentrate more on how to pronounce Mulligatawny or Tufted Mazurka.
  3. Exciting books that I read over and over but rarely look at the pictures.


So Goodnight Moon falls in category 1, which is why I haven't really paid much attention to the artwork or really deciphered the meaning behind it's bizarrely simple storyline.

And now.. I don't need to, because this gem of a blog post popped up on my RSS feed earlier about the sweet bedtime story and now, I'll never be able to read it to my son again without laughing manically afterwards.



.o0(follow me on twitter: @tattooedmommie)0o.