The AT in 46 days!

8.01.2011 |

Jennifer Davis hiked ran the entire 2,181 miles of the Appalachian Trail in 46 days, 11 hours and 20 minutes, raising the bar for the speed record by about 22 hours.

I first must say, that is absolutely incredible. She averaged something like 47 miles a day. She obviously is in great condition and really did pull off quite a feat!

My dream is to just complete the Appalachian Trail, whether section hiking or somehow managing a thru hike, at a much slower speed of course.

Actually, my real goal right now is to get back hiking ANYTHING at this point! I haven't hiked in months due to our moving debacle. So, I guess I should aim for that at first.

Anyway, congratulations to Jennifer Davis and her new speed record!



PS: follow me on twitter: @tattooedmommie

1 comments :

Tara said...

Wow! Women really can do anything :)

My husband wants to do the AT...me...I prefer showers and comfy beds, haha.

Post a Comment