Last weekend my family decided to spend an afternoon hunting for toads in downtown Greer, SC. Not real toads, mind you, as I don't touch those. We were hunting the Toads on Trade and it turned out to be a lot of fun. Before leaving the house we read the story about the toads and we printed the hints.

Not only did we get to see new restaurants and shops that opened, but we stopped in to the ACME General Store and grabbed some ice cream (yes, ice cream is good in cold weather too, it doesn't melt as fast).

While we were hunting Tex the Toad, a lady from the Chamber of Commerce came out and gave us Toads on Trade stickers and we got to chit chat a little with her about downtown. My father-in-law rented the building directly next to the current Chamber office. He ran a restaurant out of it, called the City Cafe. And he and his wife, Linda lived upstairs. Now, it's Aces Wild and just so you know, they have awesome food. If I were a "regular" somewhere, it would either be there or our favorite Japanese restaurant.

Also, apparently there was a wedding reception going on at The Davenport. It gave us some great music background to aid us in our adventure. My son and I of course had to jam out when they played LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem.

Anyway, so we wandered around and eventually found 9 of the 10 Toads. The 10th one got us and we were getting cold, so we decided to save it for another time.

Of course, I had to take some video...



Greer is small. Their downtown is small. But it's charming and has some great stores and restaurants. If you're ever in the area and just want to wander, Toads on Trade is fun, especially with kids. The City Park is great and basically you can't go wrong with any of the restaurants.

Enjoy.... and maybe you can fill me in on where Tiesha the Toad is!


PS: follow me on twitter: @tattooedmommie

4 comments :

Tara said...

I didn't know they had Toads up there! Guessing it's basically the same as the Mice on Main in Greenville? We've found all of those and pretty much only go up to Greer for their Oktoberfest, but maybe later this year we'll get around to looking for the toads :)

Jonna P said...

Yeah it's totally like Mice on Main, which I haven't done yet, but still plan on doing sometime. Every time I plan to go to Greenville I end up at REI and the whole day is shot! LOL!

Lil Mys Ninja said...

Nik is getting so big :) Now I want an ice cream cone!

I have an award for you on my blog :)

http://partygurle.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

Jonna P said...

Hey Maria, just saw this comment, awesome! Thanks!!! I'll be posting about it shortly!

Post a Comment