Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm emotionally drained. This was an incredible trilogy that ended with a book that was tiring me out from my confusion of what was going on, what was going to happen and if why I hadn't caught on to some of the things earlier.

The end, I'll just say (without spoiling anything) is as it should be. Or, should I say, as it is. It should be the happy ending where everything ends up just right, but alas in Katniss's life, things just don't seem to happen that way. But it ends the way it should.

I'm still at odds with myself about Katniss. I'm still loving her and yet hating her all the same. At some points I cheer as if she were my hero, but a few pages later I find myself hating her for some of the decisions she makes. But in the end, I suppose it is what it is and I closed this book with an exhausted sigh of reading a page blazer, one that I couldn't put down.

View all my reviews

PS: follow me on twitter: @tattooedmommie