I'm joining in on the Tasty Tuesday fun that my friend Maria does over at her blog!

GARBANZO "Tuna" SALAD
(mock tuna salad)

As part of trying new recipes, I snagged this recipe from the awesome blog Dirty Gourmet! I have to say I was a little skeptical because I love some tuna salad and to think this was a "mock" tuna, was just weird. But it actually turned out GREAT! We ate it on bread like a sandwich but I could totally see how this would be great as a dip too!

Here's the Ingredients
2 (15oz) cans of garbanzo beans (mashed)
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 cup almonds, chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste

*I had a hard time mashing the garbanzo beans with my potato masher. I ended up using a fork but that was pretty tedious. So I'm going to have to figure out how to mash them easier.
The original recipe calls for walnuts instead of almonds, however I really like almonds so I swapped them out and it turned out great
Add 1/2 cup of Mayo
I use Kraft Olive Oil Mayo

 Add 1 Tablespoon of Spicy Brown Mustard





Add the chopped bell pepper


Add the chopped carrots and celery

Add the carrots and celery to the mix


Mix in the toasted almonds (or walnuts)



AND FINALLY.... 







PS: follow me on twitter: @tattooedmommie

2 comments :

Maria H said...

Uuuuuuuhhhhhh.....YUM! I'm gonna have to try this out! Especially with the almonds :) They're better for you anyways! ;)

Jonna Pantelis said...

You'll love it Maria!!!

Post a Comment