'Salem's Lot'Salem's Lot by Stephen King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Yes, I think I am the only Stephen King fan who had not yet read Salem's Lot.

I found myself wanting to read this because 1)it's about vampires and frankly anything had to be better than Twilight and 2)everyone kept saying how great it was and how they couldn't believe I have read so many King books but yet had not read this one.

So I read it. And I liked it. A lot.

But I have to say I didn't get that whole "this is the scariest book I've ever read" feeling that so many others have said in their reviews. It was thrilling, mysterious and it's definitely got the creepy factor going on. But I was a little disappointed in the lack of character interaction directly with Straker and Barlow. The parts I thought would be really climatic weren't so much.

But, it kept me turning the pages and I was thoroughly entertained and the outcome was nothing that I initially predicted it to be. So, I'm glad I've finally gotten this book under my belt, now my other King-Fan-Friends can stop making fun of me :-)

Now, I'm hoping there's another book written specifically about Father Callahan. I know he came into many of The Dark Tower series books but I'm hoping there's more on him in another.

View all my reviews



PS: follow me on twitter: @tattooedmommie