While looking for a tasty treat I ran across a recipe for Garlic Parmesan Edamame from 28 Cooks and decided to give it a try. It was incredibly simple to do and it turned out to be.... a totally tasty treat! So, I had to share with you, of course!

See how yummie they look?


Here's how you make it!



1 (16 oz) pkg frozen edamame in shell
1/2 c extra-virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
salt to taste
Steam edamame in microwave until slightly warm and not frozen. (You can do this one of 2 ways - I have a microwave steamer that I use, or even easier is throwing the edamame in a ziploc bag with about a tbsp of water, sealing it, leaving a small opening for steam, and heating it on high for 2 minutes) Drain and set aside.
In a small food processor, combine olive oil and garlic. Process until well-combined. Heat a wok over medium high heat. Add edamame and toss for a few seconds. Add garlic oil and saute for a minute or two, stirring constantly. Add breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and salt and toss until well coated. Serve immediately.

Just FYI, I used my pampered chef rice cooker/steamer to steam the edamame and it worked great! I also used parmesan reggiano instead of just parmesan (only because that's all I had) and I think I like the little stouter cheese on it.

This is going into my "Favorites"! Hope you enjoy it too!

="border: 0; background-color: transparent !important;">
PS: follow me on twitter: @tattooedmommie