This week has really been awesome in so many ways. Mostly little ways but they all add up!

Linking up with Lauren, From My Grey Desk in the weekly High 5 for Friday link-up. 


1.       I’ve been able to take a half day off from work almost every day this week to spend Spring Break with my little guy! This is so important to be, especially now because I feel like I’ve been “losing time” with him. You know that feeling you get when you look at your kid one day and ask yourself, “When did he get so big?” And you wonder if you’ll look back at life and regret not spending even more time with him.


We basically did the "park circuit" and went to a bunch of different parks each day.

2.       Getting my son’s room cleaned up. Laugh not, it makes my week to see his room clean!!


3.       We cut our weeds and weeded our mulch Tuesday, which really wouldn’t normally qualify as a “high five” item, but our yard looks SO good right now that it just makes me happy to pull up to our house. We still need to do the mulch in the backyard (which should be done this weekend – high five!!) and then the base of our landscaping will be complete! And only 7 months after moving in! LOL!

4.       Rain!! I have LOVED the rain we’ve gotten – even though it’s put a damper on some plans, we’ve totally needed it and last night laying in bed listening to the rain falling was just entirely too soothing.

5.       Krispy Kreme donuts… we have an “Angel” in the Public Defender’s office that is always doing nice little things for us like bringing us donuts, as she did this morning. I’m still trying to think of a way to appropriately thank her for always “taking care of us”. Any suggestions?


PS: follow me on twitter: @tattooedmommie