Five reasons why this week rocked!


Linking up with Lauren, From My Grey Desk in the weekly High 5 for Friday link-up.  





1. My son's Kindergarten Graduation
Time is seriously flying, it feels like the school year shouldn't be over yet. But it is. And now... I have a soon to be first grader on my hands. When did I get so old?

2. Summer Vacation!!
Yeah, I still have to work and all but my kiddo is so stoked about summer vacation that I can't help to be pretty excited myself. I may not get to sleep in and do all the summer vacation-any things but summer always makes me happy and the kiddo getting out of school just validated that it is in fact summer (no matter what the pesky calendar says)

3. Memorial Day 
I'm patriotic. I cry almost every time the National Anthem or God Bless The USA is played. So Memorial Day and July 4th are pretty awesome in my book (although if you press me I'll always say Christmas is my favorite). But I digress.
I don't have a "fallen soldier" in my family or life but I do have an incredibly honorable retired Army Dad and so this day is a reminder to me to be thankful that although he served in Vietnam and gave 30+ years of his life to the United States Army, I'm glad he's still here with us. Many families of soldiers can't say that.
Plus, I get a day off from work. Never a bad thing.

4. Summer Camp!
This week I signed my son up for such a kickbutt Summer Camp! Seriously, I contemplated telling my husband that I needed to go for a week or so just to "inspect the joint". You know, make sure they are meeting all my mother bear needs. I mean seriously, they have a field trip every freaking day! Score!

5. BEACH!
Ok, so I won't be heading to the beach for a while longer but it's never to early to start daydreaming planning! So I started my packing list and a shopping list for things we need. I've added my widget on my iGoogle homepage to count down to my vacation


PS: follow me on twitter: @tattooedmommie