My MIA fitness

1.24.2013 |


So I read a bunch of fantastic blogs. There are a lot that are about fitness (ahem Maria), so you'd assume that I'd be much more fit (you know what they say about assuming). I have all intentions of being so, and I've had those intentions for at least the last few years. But seriously, life gets in my way and I don't make it a priority. So I can't really complain and typically I don't (unless it's to my husband.. I complain to him about it all the time)



I have a hard time motivating myself to work out. I like the feeling I have after working out but that motivation to actually do it is the real kicker. Plus let me just add this in to the mix. I love to Zumba...


But that, my friends will never be said about my Zumba skills. Like ever. I got white-girl rhythem and I know it!










So why am I going on about this? Because what better way to be held accountable for things than to post them out on the Internet where nothing can be really erased and these types of things can be held over your head for years!


So I'm committing... fitness will be more of a priority. I'm not going to ever be one of those people that puts my workouts above everything else, sorry I have a soon-to-be-7-year-old that totally takes that slot and a husband who fills in next. But, I do really want and need to be healthier.

Plus, I've got a cruise coming up in June and some really smokin' hot relatives, so unless I plan on wearing a moo-moo the entire trip... Jonna's gotta get in gear.

So, here's my plan... I'm looking for some input here from any of you fitness people out there.
Goal 1: Work out 5 days a week, 2 of those days being weight training
Goal 2: Keep the calorie intake between 1200-1500 a day (yeah, this is my weak point)
Goal 3: Stretch

So, this really looked easy as I put it on paper, why am I having a hard time getting this committed in real life?

Ok.. so I'm going to start today, but I suppose my first real week will start next week. Let's see how this goes, and please, feel free to hold me completely accountable on here when I don't post an update to let you know how badly I've failed I've met my goals for the week!