A month or so I went to the Doc because for a few weeks I had been suffering from some seriously itchy legs. Red patches that would itch and I would scratch until I bled. My legs looked like a 12 year old boy's, scabby and bruised.

Hot, I know.


So Doc told me that I have psoriasis. Wow, where did that come from?

I thought psoriasis was something that you develop when you're younger or something. It shouldn't just jump out when you in your mid early thirties!

So of course, the first thing I did was go out and try to confirm this diagnosis (because I'm an Inteweb Doctor) by Googling images of psoriasis. BIG MISTAKE. Never, ever, ever Google images of whatever it is you are diagnosed with. EVER. (click here if you want to disregard my advise)

After the screaming stopped I went to WebMD and looked up symptoms and treatments.


Do you see the second bullet there? Yeah, the one about sunlight or ultraviolet. Seriously, I used to tan all the time. I'm wondering if maybe this has something to do with the fact that I haven't tanned in about a year.

I'm thinking I need to grab on to this and tell the hubby that I need to start tanning again, for my health sake!

But before I go and do that, I have an appointment next week with a dermatologist who will hopefully give me some other options as well. This is really a pretty embarassing thing, my legs look horrid. Thank goodness it's winter or else skirts or shorts would be totally out of the question - luckily my boots and tights totally cover things up right now.

Anyone else diagnosed with psoriasis? What's your treatment?