Ya'll know I can't start talking faith and all that heavy stuff without first being silly.

I only got 2 hours of sleep last night (hubby wasn't home at bed time and apparently that just throws my whole world off kilter) so I really thought I was going to be a zombie today at church. Surprisingly, zombie mode didn't kick in until after I got home, which worked out great because I have a bed at home in which I can nap. I don't have one at church.

Let's get a little deeper, shall we?


“Do not expect to become perfect at once. If you do, you will be disappointed. Be better today than you were yesterday, and be better tomorrow than you are today.”
- Lorenzo Snow
(read more from him here)

It's day's like today that remind me why I love my church so much. I had a lot of conflict going on in my head last night. I mean a lot, which probably didn't help my not sleeping thing either.  I mean I seriously got a spiritual kick in the booty today that I know realized how much I needed. It may have been because I didn't go to church last weekend, I'm not sure, but whatever it was (I'm thinking Heavenly Father knew I needed it), I'm grateful.

When I get to church this morning and our Sacrament program was a little different than the norm. Our Relief Society 2nd Councilor gave a talk about building our foundation of Christ, which kind of reset things in my head and made me reconfirmed a few things for me. Then our Relief Society President (who is absolutely incredible) spoke and what stuck with me was "being a pillar of light" (there is a wonderful talk on this by President Monson here). Between these talks, two awesome women came up and gave their testimony and it was so touching. Oh, not to mention all the women of the Relief Society got to jump up for an impromptu song!

This was the song we sang... Seriously, I was so nervous. I have a cold/allergy thing going on and to stand up and sing in front of everyone. Wow.


Then after Sacrament it was off to Sunday school which was great as well. I felt such fellowship that sometimes I don't feel (maybe I'm just concerned with other things or just not paying attention). And a discussion of Doctrine and Covenants 25 and how husbands and wives should support each other really hit home with me.

But then we got to Relief Society and man.. this was the whipped cream on my ice cream today. Our lesson today was about "Becoming Perfect Before The Lord: A Little Better Day By Day" (where the quote up top came from) and there were so many gems that hit my heart today - things I really needed to hear. And I have to say, we have some seriously awesome women who deliver some great talks to us and our teacher today, she's one of my favorites (she used to teach Sunday School and I loved her there too!).

I'm going to end this with a quote that I love, and ironically enough I got to read during the class.

Do not expect to become perfect at once. If you do, you will be disappointed. Be better today than you were yesterday, and be better tomorrow than you are today. The temptations that perhaps partially overcome us today, let them not overcome us so far tomorrow. Thus continue to be little better day by day; and do not let your life wear away without accomplishing good to others as well as to ourselves.14


I hope you had a wonderful Sunday, too! And regardless if your religious or not, I hope maybe this was a fraction a bit uplifting for you as it was for me today.

Follow on Bloglovin