Coming Home

5.06.2013 |

I was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter DaySaints on October 19, 1995.


I have not been an ideal member of the Church. About a year after my baptism, I went in-active. Basically I stopped going to Church and I stopped reading my scriptures.  I've never doubted the truth of the Gospel regardless of how in-active in church I was or how badly I acted.

I went through a lot of life.  Eventually I settled down in my wild ways and I got married. I had a stillborn daughter. I had a son. I made mistakes. I reflected back to my childhood and all my insecurities. I saw how I treated myself and others. I saw the pain I put my parents through.

I decided to raise my son in the Church. I felt that for some reason it was important for him to have the foundation of the Gospel in his life.

I went back to Church. It was still hard for me to stay active. I'm not sure why.

Soon, I became really active again. Something in my heart and my brain kicked in. And staying active wasn't hard anymore. In fact, I found more joy in participating than I could have ever imagined.

I really converted. I attended my meetings instead of heading home after Sacrament. I found those meetings to be instrumental in building my faith and testimony. I felt a change in my heart and in my head. more and more and I loved the feeling.

I worked on being a better version of me.

I prayed. I read my scriptures. I learned. I grew.

I gave up habits in my life that didn't coincide with the Words Of Wisdom. I never thought it would be possible. But it was. And I don't miss them.

I received a calling. Then another one. I'm still kind of bombing at my first calling. I'm rockin' the second one though.

I started tithing. First, just what I could, when I could.  I was sure I'd never be able to be a fully tithed member.

Then, I fully tithed. And I understood what tithing was all about. I found that other people's testimonies about the blessings you receive from tithing were not only true for them... but they were true for me, too.

I grew. Spiritually and mentally.

I received my Temple recommend on April 2nd, 2013.

I received my Endowments on May 4th, 2013. To think that I can one day again live with God is a humbling and exciting thing to know.

I was sealed to my parents on May 4th, 2013. To know that I will forever be with my family is so comforting.

I finally "got it" and I understand why this is all so important and why I love the feelings I get from serving in my Church and by truly loving the Lord.

It's been a long journey. It hasn't always been easy. I'm sure it won't always be easy. But it is worth it.

I've come home. And I am grateful for every prayer and person that helped me get here.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Follow on Bloglovin