I joke with my husband and friends that there are just some things to be "Southern Girl Thangs".
These are mine:
- Cocks. Seriously, only in the South.
- Flip flops, year round. Even with a sweatshirt in December.
- Grits. With butter. With bacon. With shrimp. With whatever. It's grits!
- Ya'll. It's you + all and it's acceptable in every form.
- SEC. The best darn conference in the NCAA. (If you're an ACC fan, you may be Southern but it ain't my thang)
- Football. High School, College. It doesn't matter. Football in general. But there has to be a rival. And you must announce your allegiance on your car.
- BBQ. Real BBQ don't have bones (unless it's a rib) and it usually comes with hash and rice.
- The beach. It doesn't matter if you're going to Myrtle Beach, Outerbanks or the coast of GA. You're going to the beach.
- The mountains. It doesn't matter if you're going to Asheville, Helen or Pigeon Forge, you're going to the mountains.
- Blonde. Either in highlights or reverse ombre. We're covet our blonde hair.
- Humidity. Unless you've lived in SC, GA or FL in the summer then you have no idea what real humidity is all about. When you can hydrate yourself just by breathing, there's too much darn water in the air!!
- Speaking of FL. Florida isn't really a Southern State. Sure, it may be in the South and they may have their Southern folks... but when the majority of your residence lived the majority of their lives in the North, then you're just a Northern state located in the South. (and on this note I think I need to run and hide from some FL people I know LOL)
- Sweet Tea. It's the SC
- Bless your heart. Bless her heart. Bless his heart. Bless them all. It can be a sweet term used when you can't think of anything better to say or it could be the Southern way of saying FU. You'll never know.
- Mobile Homes. Homes with wheels, which we apparently can't get enough of. I can. I'm over them. But hey, I'm weird. Most people say I'm not from around here anyway.
Enjoy your Wednesday ya'll!