Gray Lake: A Novel
Gray Lake: A Novel by David Bain

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I'm not sure how to review this. I found myself getting caught up in the story during certain chapters. I felt like I spent the first 150 pages asking myself "what is going on here? who is this talking about again?" So I felt a little disconnected from the story until half way through the book. I felt like I was on that upward chug of a roller coaster, looking over the side going, where am I? What's going to happen?

But by then the story really shifted shapes and that's where you felt like you were coming down the big hill, soaring into the story but still being slung left and right off and on the track. Some very unexpectedness happened all over the book.

For 749 (I think) pages, it seemed to fly by.



View all my reviews