A couple of Saturdays ago I had the honor and privilege of joining in on the youth temple trip with the Spartanburg 1st & 2nd (that's us) wards. This was my first time going with the youth and since I didn't go as a youth I really didn't know what to expect other than the fact that the they would be doing baptisms for the dead.

If you are wondering why us Mormon folk do baptisms for the dead, check it out here, they do a far better explanation than I do (and frankly I'm too lazy right now)

So we all met up at 6:30 am on a Saturday morning in our Sunday's best. We all packed into various cars and started the drive down to the Columbia, SC temple. Now I'm not going to mention any names here, but there's one Brother who was driving who I now hold in a whole new respect. He speeds more than I do!! I loved it. We made super time (and no speeding tickets! See, God was looking out for us!) and when we arrived we all gathered around outside for a small lesson from Brother Speeds-A-Lot and then off we went inside!

I basically spent the entire time intercepting girls as they got done with baptisms and making sure they had everything. I took the laundry baskets of wet towels and such to be washed and dried. I didn't really get to watch too many baptisms, which stinks because I'd never really seen them before, but hey.. not like I'm not going back!

After we were all done... and yes, it was SUPER fast! I was like "wow, we drove all this way for like 30 minutes of baptisms, an hour of girls getting redressed/hair/makeup in the bathroom and now we're done?" Yup. So off to Chick-Fil-A we went.

This by far was my favorite moment. I got to see the girls an guys interacting together and generally just having a feel-good, happy time. And isn't that really how the temple makes us feel? I don't know about you, but it does me.

I'm not sure if the youth really had any feelings on the important work they were doing, but I can say it left an impression on me. I'm so glad I got to be a part of that trip and I'm excited for the next one!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic