So a little while back I had the opportunity to jump in on the Meaningful Beauty VoxBox by Influenster. If you've never heard of either of those things, check them out. It's a great way to try out new products and to share your honest opinion about them. And I think you all know from some of my past reviews, I'm honest - good, bad or ugly - I'm telling you the truth. I don't trust an "honest opinion" when all the opinions are positive because there's just no way that people always love the things they receive. To me, seeing nothing but positive reviews says 2 things, either that the person is afraid to be negative because they are afraid they won't receive anymore free goodies (sure I get it) or that they just don't publish not-so-great product reviews.

But moving on, the whole honest opinion thing is a whole different blog topic for another day because this one is about Meaningful Beauty's Creme de Serum. Meaningful Beauty is Cindy Crawford's skincare line of products. Seriously, anyone looking like she does.. I'm buying the products, at least to try once! How could I not want to have her skin? So luckily for me, Influenster hooked me up with a free bottle of Creme de Serum, which is... wait, why I am I trying to explain this... let me quote you what the Meaningful Beauty website says...
This crème de la crème treatment takes a triple approach to combating the signs of aging with three powerful anti-aging ingredients: superantioxidant melon complex, anti-aging peptides and hyaluronic acid. Combining the power of a serum with the rich, moisturizing effects of a crème, this super-boost is designed to help protect, increase hydration and prevent the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Ok! So there ya go! What does all of that mean? Heck.. I don't know.. I guess it's going to keep me from looking old! Or at least that's what I'm hoping for! All I know is that there are a few things that I aboslutely love about this product and one thing that I don't love.

I LOVE...
The texture of it. It goes on smooth, it feels smooth on my skin - like a primer does - and it wears for quite a while if you don't put any other makeup on.


The hydration. I'm not sure what in this product does it, but my skin is actually really hydrated lately. I can tell because usually during the winter I am fighting rough, dry spots on my skin all the time with my daily moisturizer and right now.. nothing, not one rough, dry patch at all. This alone sells me on this product.

I LIKE...
That the anti-aging stuff in it is working. I don't really know if I see less lines or not. I mean I've got some wrinkles and lines starting around my eyes and all but I guess I just don't pay that close attention to know if it's either decreasing them or preventing them.

NOT SO FOND OF...
The price. Straight up. I went to the Meaningful Beauty website and to Amazon.  You're talking roughly $40 for a bottle (and if you order from the website, you pay shipping and handling). I am totally low maintenance when it comes to my makeup and skincare (translation: cheap) so this was all but a deal breaker for me. I just can't fathom the idea of paying that much for 1oz of anything! Of course, that doesn't stop me from putting it on my wishlist and letting others know how much I want it. Hey, I got no shame!

Buy it here!  http://www.meaningfulbeauty.com/select-a-system/order,default,pg.html



Image and video hosting by TinyPic