Personally, I say Merry Christmas. I realize not everyone celebrates Christmas but I'm not sure why anyone would find me saying "Merry Christmas" offensive. If someone wishes me a Happy Hanukkah I say thank you and move on. It was a nice sentiment that they expressed regardless if I'm Christian or Jewish or whatever.

So Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Kwanzaa, or whatever else you celebrate this time of year, I hope it's a good one!

Christmas tree up and decorated. Check.
Front porch decorations done. Check.
Elf on the Shelf made his return appearance. Check.
Outside lights and decorations all up and ready...... yeah not so much.

I'm one of those people who would have my Christmas tree up and all the decorations done by the evening of Thanksgiving (if I weren't always in a food coma until 7pm that night). So the fact that our house isn't twinkling with lights each night or that my ribbons aren't fluttering from my wreaths on the windows is just kind of irking me. It's December 3rd! We are three days in people! We should be fully decked out in holiday cheer!

Luckily for me though, one of our neighbors kid's is an engineer and has their whole house set up so that the lights all flash to the beat of the music that plays on their custom radio station. Seriously, it's awesome. If you are ever around my way, turn to 87.9, pull up into the empty lot across the street from their house and make yourself comfy! Some nights they come out and sell coffee and hot chocolate, with all the money raise to go to a local shelter (I believe, I'll find out again which for sure). So every night when we drive in from running errands or something I watch their lights synchronize with the sounds of the Trans Siberian Orchestra or their big Santa lip sync along to some catchy country holiday song.

I have awesome neighbors.

And because I have some awesome neighbors, I want to plan to bake some cookies for a few families and drop them off just to let them know we appreciate living in the neighborhood with them and hope their doing well. I guess this is my Christmas guilt of not really being a very social person with my neighbors all that much that I need to make up for it during Christmas time. Whatever it is.. I'm thinking it's the holiday spirit.

Another thing we usually do is bake cookies to take to the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) at Greenville Health System. That's the hospital that my son was born in and he stayed in the NICU for 14 days. The doctor's and nurses there work really hard day in and day out and we just like to show them that we appreciate them.

So many things to do... so little time before Christmas. Everyone complains that Christmas music starts too early or that the decorations are selling before Halloween. Frankly, I'm ready to start Christmas in August!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic