My son turns 8 on Sunday and I'm still trying to get over the shock of it all.

7 going on 8

  • He's in the 2nd grade.
  • He's an orange belt at our karate dojo.
  • He's got an absolute love of laughter and making people smile.
  • He's smart... sometimes too smart for his own good.
  • He's taking after his Daddy so much, and that makes me happy.
  • He's got his grandmother's blue eyes & they are beautiful (even if I get asked if he's adopted a lot)
  • He's got his own sense of style and I hope he never loses it.
  • He makes me worry constantly, but that's normal right?

And in 2 weeks, he gets baptized. I've been so overjoyed and overwhelmed for the last 2 weeks or so trying to plan birthday party stuff and baptism stuff that I haven't really been able to let it all sink in. His growing older always reminds me that I'm getting older. If anything will make you realize your age, it's having kids. But it's also made me much more humble about aging. I'm glad I'm getting older because as I age, I'm seeing my son get older and I am experiencing things with him. The alternative is that I'm dead. And well, I'll skip that for now, please.

So for the time being I'm going to appreciate my kid for who is right now because I know he'll be changing and growing and I don't want to forget exactly how he is right now.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic