Ok, ya'll. If you haven't noticed I took a vacation from blogging and frankly, so consider this a comeback! As most of you know I'm a member of Influenster.com and what that means is, I get sent boxes of things to try out and then give my honest opinion on them. Shoot... ain't nothing better than getting something for free and then getting to talk about it!

So, in my latest #GoVoxBox I received a TON of stuff. But for right now I want to point you to one item in particular - the Next Step Fit N Full Protein Shake - that I have fallen in love with, and apparently I'm not the only one. Ok, let me get something out of the way... I was sent this box with free samples in return for my honest opinion. Just because I get stuff for free doesn't always mean I like it. However, in this case, I do.

Here's the deal.. I'm not really one to tell anyone to do a meal replacement plan for weight loss, because frankly I just feel that stuff like that is just not maintainable. I feel like you'll do the shakes, lose some weight, but then as soon as you stop the shakes (or whatever the meal replacement is) then you'll probably put weight back on. However, this is a little different as because the Next Step Fit N Full Protein Shake actually has almost the same nutritional values as all of my other protein shakes, so if you're going to replace a meal with a protein shake, then you might as well try out this brand.

What I like about this the most is that, even with it being mixed with water, it's actually filling! I'm the type of person who hates substituting shakes and stuff for food because I always seem to get hungry like 10 seconds after I finish the shake... and then waiting 3 hours to eat again while my stomach growls and gurgles. Not fun. So, when I received 3 samples of the Fit N Full shakes (chocolate, vanilla and fresh berries) I was a little scared that I'd have the same results. I didn't. Yay! I was actually full. Not side splitting full or anything like that but I definitely wasn't having to camouflage my stomach growls with coughs during my morning meetings!

I really liked the vanilla and chocolate. I hated the fresh berries. I don't know, I'm just not a berry flavor kinda gal when it comes to protein shakes or any type of supplements. After I finished my 3 samples I received, I went to the Vitamin Shoppe and used my $5 coupon that I also received and I bought a tub of the French Vanilla flavor. It's a little more pricey than the typical WalMart brand protein but there are some notable differences. This is more of an isolate protein than the typical whey protein you find in the Walmart and Target aisles. Long and short of that means that it's a more pure protein, lower in carbs and fat, and usually is better digested by those with lactose intolerance.

Ok, enough of the protein talk because frankly, I'm an amateur when it comes to the real science behind it all. What I do know, I've lost 4 pounds by replacing my breakfast with a Fit N Full shake and I'm digging the taste and results and it's a heck of a lot cheaper than a lot of the other shake/meal replacment plans out there... that's why I wanted to share.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic