So every time I think about the gym, that song I'm Sexy And I Know It, pops into my head. Instantly. While I'm not a newbie to working out, I am apparently a newbie to weight lifting and body building - a big newb. But hey, we all gotta start somewhere. 
My goals?
Lose weight. Gain muscle. Get strong. Isn't that everyone's goals?
I don't really know what I'm in this for, other than I really want to be stronger than I am. I want to be more fit than I am and I want to be a better version of me (physically, because mentally, I'm just 100% awesome).

So, I might as well start this out by humiliating myself.
My stats...
I'm currently 166 lbs at 5 foot 4 inches tall. My body fat % is probably astronomical, and I plan to track that as well, I just haven't yet. 

My plan...
I have  a 12 week workout plan set up right now, to start.

MONDAY
Upper Body A
  • Bench Press                       3 X 8-12
  • Bent over Row                    3 X 8-12
  • DB Should Press               3 X 8-12
  • Lying Triceps Extension   3 X 8-12
  • Barbell or DB Curl              3 X 8-12

TUESDAY
Lower Body A
  • Squat                           3 X 8-12
  • Dead lift                       3 X 8-12
  • Leg Extension            3 X 8-12
  • Leg Curl                      3 X 8-12
  • StandingCalf Raise  3 X 8-12
ABS
  • Lying
    Leg Raise                  3 X 10-15
  • Crunches                   3 X 10-15

THURSDAY
Upper Body B
  • Dips                                       3 X 8-12
  • Pull ups                                 3 X 8-12
  • DB Side Lateral                   3 X 8-12
  • Tricep Cable Pressdown  3 X 8-12 
  • Cable Curl                          3 X 8-12 

FRIDAY
Lower Body B    
  • Deadlift                              3 X 8-12
  • Leg Press                         3 X 8-12
  • Lunges                              3 X 8-12
  • Seated Calf Raise           3 X 8-12
  • DB Shrugs                        3 X 8-12
ABS
  • Incline Crunch              3 X 10-15
  • BackExtension             3 X 10-15 


Monday went as planned, the only problem was I couldn't get a bench to do my Bench Presses at, so I grabbed a free bench by the dumbbells and did dumbbell presses.
My weight on Monday or upper body was really just 10 lbs, except for my barbell curl, I did 20lbs. I wanted to see where I was at. I need to really up my weight on the bent over rows to 20 or 30 lbs.
Tuesday I worked out at home with my favorite coach, my husband. We subbed Walking Lunges for the Leg Extensions and Leg Curls - and frankly after that I was done
My weight on Tuesday for lower body was basically 65lbs for everything except for the walking lunges (10lbs) and calf raises (25lbs).
So this morning I went on the bodybuilding.com forums and were reading some posts about the average novice weight for dead lifts....  135lbs. WHAT?

Ok, I have SO much work to do. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic